The Gold Coast is a wonderful place to holiday and one of Australia’s most spectacular natural stages. With approx 57 kilometres of pristine white sandy beaches and the background of world heritage listed rainforests, it is an exciting place to visit. Each beach is a unique coastal community defined by their own individual stretches of sub-tropical coastline, with locals dedicated to their area.
The hinterland provides the lush green rainforests as well as wine growing and organic farms nestled in the hills. The superb weather offers up a perfect growing environment to grow produce as well as holidaying in.
5 Ideas for the Gold Coast
- Palm Beach Markets on a Saturday morning, blend in with the bustle of locals searching for fresh produce and relax with the ambient live music while enjoying breakfast.
- Take a visit to Mt Tamborine midweek, walk through the rainforest walk and enjoy afternoon tea at a local coffee house overlooking the Gold Coast
- Enjoy a wander at Marina Mirage checking out the awesome boats, yachts and water toys, finish with a drink at Fishermans Wharf Tavern
- Consider a walk up Kirra Hill to the Sea Eagle lookout with its breathtaking views or the entire Gold Coast and do what the locals do, enjoy a BBQ with a view overlooking Coolangatta Beach.
- Sit at Burleigh Headland on the grass with snacks and a beverage, watching the surfers play in the waves