So, you have to remember that these top 4 places for travel are from my own perspective . So lets get it out there ! I would love to hear from you with your top 4 and what will be the 5th??
- India– the contrast and colour of India has me always thinking about returning. It can be confronting and takes great adjustment. There is history , ingenuity and lots of people with extremes of very poor to wealthy. I distinctly remember seeing a woman working in the fields dressed in a flowing and florescent orange sari and she looked up at me and waved with a dazzling smile .
- Uzbekistan– I was unsure prior to going here of what to expect. What I found was an interesting country that was part of the Silk Road . This heritage makes it a melting pot of cultures. There is Russian , Chinese, Indian and Arabian influence in its architecture and its food. One point that was given to me prior that it was not a foodie place. I would have to say that it is a definite foodie place, it has amazing seasonal , fresh and generous serves with unique flavours . Sweetest rockmelons ever tasted !
- New Zealand – You may think I am biased ( as did grow up there) . I think if you live in a place , you often tend to take it for granted. So when I visit there I have fresh eyes. It is easy to get around as the distances are not long ( compared to Australia) , the people are friendly and accommodating. It has a quaint old fashioned hospitality about it .. ohh and the scenery is stunning. It’s a little bit of England with a twist ( and slightly better weather)
- Italy– who would not have this as one of their favourites. It has style, food , and heritage . So style, yes it is fun in Rome to watch everyone come out in the afternoon after siesta and promenade the promenade . The simplicity and freshness of the food . The rolling hills with the gorgeous villas and very friendly people. Sometimes I wish I grew up in a large Italian family but you can go to Italy and feel included even if you are not part of the family.
- What is going to be the YOUR 5th spot ???? Mine is Canada so #talktous