- You just read a great book, it may be historical or biographical or it could just be amazing photographs. Reading about it and then going and discovering what you have read, gives you the excitement prior to the trip, and it helps you to discover new exciting places when you get there.
- Walking though a site that has true historical significance- it could be the Colosseum in Rome or travelling the Silk Road, where many traders have journeyed over many years. It is exciting to be in such places and imagine how it would have been back in the day. How would I have coped in the climate? in the landscape? working ? raising a family- it gives you insight and perspective.
- Meeting up with distance friends- its a great opportunity to go and discover a new destination with people that you know.
- Food – one of my favourites! Tasting the local food is a definite inspiration, I even know people that go onto you tube and check out all the food info of destination prior to going there ( well that actually might be me!!)
- Creating Great Memories- isn’t that enough inspiration
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”Mark Twain