Our Top 5
What most touring companies don’t tell you is that Calgary is an amazing place and you need more than 1 night to discover its secrets and enjoy the welcoming Calgarian hospitality.
So we have compiled a list of our Top 5 Most Enjoyable Calgary Experiences:
1. Inglewood: is Calgary’s oldest neighbourhood and is a shopping, arts and restaurant district a short taxi ride from the centre of town. Drop into “Kent of Inglewood” to meet some colourful characters or enjoy a coffee at “Gravity” to mix with the locals
2. River Café on Prince’s Island Park: supporting regional and local purveyors, farmers and coastal fisherman practicing responsible stewardship of the land rivers and sea – this café has a warm setting, burning fire, attentive staff and a seasonal Canadian inspired menu. Definitely worth the visit, in fact we went twice. Hint: Try the fiddleheads if they are n the menu.
3. Calgary Farmers Market: Calgary’s source for farm fresh food its the type of place where there is something for everyone. Interesting vendors and full of inspired locals, the markets are held every Thursday – Sunday all year round from 0900am -500pm. Just off the Blackfoot Trail and Heritage Drive.
4. Wood Fired Pizza at Cilantro: an upscale casual Calgary restaurant featuring Californian south western cuisine, a wood fired pizza oven are trade marks of this inner city eatery. Stand out menu choices include the mussels done two ways, ribs and of course the wood fired pizza.
5. Bow Habitat Station: is a visitor centre featuring exhibits and activities. Feed the fish on a tour of the fish hatchery, go fishing in a trout pond or take a stroll along the trails in their interpretive wetland. We didn’t actually know about this hidden gem until we ran into a local in Inglewood.